For many times in my life I have felt a drifting effect that I am losing focus on what my truth is. Sometimes I talked about this with friends and other times I kept it close to me. Eventually I found that when you do not share what you feel with the universe you can feel even worse. In life we must share our hopes, wishes, dreams, what we imagine to be possible, manifest our dreams, visions and live our soul calling that motivates us to be better people. When you can find a soul mate to share your life with and have moments of connectedness you will truly feel supported.
I definitely was taken back when I heard most people feel lost in their lives for many reasons. We all expect to feel a little down about life from time to time yet not completely lose ourselves. In life I find I had been coasting along and needed a few paddles to keep stiring in the right direction and I find myself asking the question why do I feel lost? The term lost is one sailors use lost at sea and feel isolated and alone. If you have ever felt like this you have a few laps to make up for lost time in the pool. Yet if you need an oar back into the water I am happy to share with you the 5 top reasons why people feel lost in their lives.
Do you feel like you are drifting along in life? Over time you can feel like a piece of drift wood and we must remind ourselves everyday of our purpose in life with a meaning of our true identity.
Commonly five triggers to be lost in life.
Here are the common five things I’ve learnt along my way:
- Too busy. ” I have no time”. This is the most common trigger we feel we do not have enough time and life is passing us by. If we were to stop and sit and see life pass us by we feel like “driftwood” even known that we have maybe even lost time. Most people do not allow to make time for themselves to honour their life.
- Your gift to the world is not clear. This one came from seeking out the true version of yourself. You feel you can’t surface a soul true purpose. You want it yet not sure about how it make it happen. When someone asks what you do in life, can you feel proud, confident and answer based on your purpose? Genuinely most people fear talking about their true purpose in case someone may laugh at them. Secretly people dream about their burning desire to
- No/Lack of Social Support. ” I have no one to talk too”. Seeking answers for life are not answered nor assisted if you have lost your support team. Seeking out questions and have help with opening doors
- Overwhelmed. Cognitive overload. This is surprisingly mentally draining and if you can find out what triggers it, it may even appear to be a quick fix. How do you feel in your life? Is it blended with words and feelings, all mixed up that you have lost your way and not sure of how to deal with your identity or what really turns you on. Have you read too many books or feel overwhelmed.
- Distracted. Letting go and really feeling the sensation of life itself is an inner state of happiness, consciousness, and how you see the world around you. Enthusiasm saves lives and if you are distracted about your life it can be a rocky road ahead. When can not control are feelings when our inner rhythms are all over the place. Being distracted comes from feeling pressured and living a misguided life. As humans we often want to take the easy road and many choose to take the lift when the stairs are clearly there in front of you. When you are distracted have less options as how wonderful would it be to take time knowing you have few chooses and can choose wisely and genuinely clearly.
Ask yourself: What can I do absolutely do now to fix the feeling, realistically do now, and absolutely not put off anymore?
Focus on ways to minimise drifting and feeling lost once you have experienced them and can recognise them you will be able to cancel the trigger. I’ll always know in life we will dream and be fortune to grow yet feeling lost about life is part of the life cycle and we need to return to feeling “part of being ourselves”. Remain active in your thoughts and the present moment of now.
Share your words and feelings on the topic below if you have a story that may help others.