When was the last time you stood in the sun raised your hands up allowed the light to fill your heart. We often dream of moments like that; that give us instant top up of energy, happiness and invigorate our souls. Heaven knows life is tough and when it’s tough we need to change the way we do life.
If happiness is a goal why do we not feel happy? I’m amazed we set happiness as a goal and there’s no end in sight of reaching it. We quietly watch other mums being happy, yet are they as happy as they want to be?
What if it was your last 10 minutes what would you do? We set weekly good intentions and yet fail to get everything done from our to do list.
Need some self-care mums? Love is the most powerful magic that anyone can give another human being. As mothers we give love continuously throughout our lives. So, why do we not give love to ourselves?
I recall recently standing waiting for a coffee when I saw another mum picking up a free to do list off the shelf at the coffee shop; a giveaway by a local real estate agency when she said i need this and smiled at me. I replied ‘i never have enough space to add my entire to do list’.
Finishing the do to list is not a status symbol.
We sat there had a giggle and chatted about the extreme stress and comparison of what other think, if we do not get our to do list done.
Come on i said “Is it ever done?”
As mothers we have a fulfilling job and somehow i always feel on the back foot and just when you think you are on top of it a teacher sends home another class assessment or talk today our work is never done.
Mothers never take a day off rarely nor do we give enough to ourselves.
Ever felt like you just got off a long flight and you jump on one of those moving travelaters and you feel disoriented and not really aware of what is going on around you!. Almost like that feeling you drive home and you can’t even remember doing it!. I have seen that so many mothers never put themselves first yet- if we do something for ourselves we feel guilty. Where did we go so wrong?
If we look after ourselves then we are looking after the family. It’s the whole concept of human behaviour and somehow behind the curtains we expect too much from ourselves.
So as a mother i have come up with a little to do list for self-care and i will leave it up to you to fall in love with it or i encourage and propose you try to get one thing a day done from my 19 To do list Self-Care Practices.
Self-care is more than a tool to use to help manage the stresses of life, it’s also about enhancing your overall wellbeing.
I imagine a lot of people will not have the time or make the time and i can’t argue with that! Our lives are accompanied with the daily grind and how can we wish to add more to our list.
What if, we spent less time on wishing and spent the time on doing. Doing something for ourselves seems selfish then why should we really listen to what we want?
Let me share that self-care is the game changer. Even could be the deal breaker that makes us feel happier, and less stressed. After all what are friends for.
This is just for you and its a start to a bigger plan to add to your list and as we practice the art of self-care we learn to give the more it feels good to give to ourselves we see how this daily practice is what we will rely on when we feel how important and precious life is. Make some time!
19 To Do List Self-Care Practices
- Lay down and close your eyes for 10 minutes breathe in deeply and exhale and repeat. Set a timer deliberately allowing yourself 10 full minutes without getting up and no interruptions.
- Run a warm bubble bath and sit for 10 minutes in blissful bath time that has no toys or splashing.
- Phone a friend and have a 10 minute conversation – do you really need a reason to call?
- Light a candle and watch it as it slowly burns, get one with a scent that lifts your mood and gives you an instant harmony calmness that will reenergise you.
- Pick up a book and read to your soul and soak up the pages and allow yourself to listen to the pages and smile.
- Grab a piece of paper and pen, pencils, paints and create a drawing through words or pictures of what you feel, whats making you happy, what you want visualise by a creative outlet and unwind.
- Buy a journal and scribe your soulful words start a wanderlust diary that allows you to write your travel goals in. You might feel now you can’t get away but hopefully one day you will come back and look over it.
- Pray, think of three things that you wish to pay thanks for and make your life a blessing.
- Go for a walk. Step out and even go into a job do you really need to know where to go just set off on foot and walk around the block.
- Lay in the grass and look up to the sky and close your eyes.
- Switch off your phone and do not care what others are doing.
- Make a cup of tea with fresh herbs.
- Watch part of your favourite movie or video clip. Laugh and feel happier.
- Clean out your closet, let go of clothing and add some colour to feel good.
- Go shopping and buy some new underwear its always nice to treat ourselves.
- Go to get a blow-dry at the salon.
- Put a mask on your face and DIY home facial or air mask.
- Bake your favourite food that gives you goose bumps.
- Meditate. It gives you superpowers.
Do you like these tips? Leave me a comment below and thank me by sharing with a friend!
Plus, if you like follow me on facebook for more lifestyle tips, daily inspiration and style ideas, all energised with joy!
Contact me if you have any questions