Do you ever get the feeling you want to escape, just want to pack up and leave? The future’s bright yet you weighed down by life.
I know exactly how you feel. Love that I had for someone so special in my family made my life so blessed and I am filled with love and bravery to share my 5 best ways everything changed when I loved and travelled.
I also learn to meditate when I travelled overseas. With a dance, yoga, sporting, health and personal development side of my life and background I wanted to really understand the principles of meditation. Could I meditate while traveling and where. I found meditation like “if I have a problem, I can deal with it a whole lot better” …
What if I told you travel is good for the soul.
Often life gets too difficult sometimes and we want to run and leave. Want a new life? A new perspective? A change of environment?…. less Stress, better sleep and a much nicer life and better balance. Balance is just a fancy word for fear, procrastination and a reasonable excuse to run away from what you are facing and look for balance meaning levelled emotions. I believe balance is about being the best person you can everyday in daily life and making a difference to serve your soul and help yourself to get the most of your life.
Mother nature can heal so many of us in ways we do not even see possible, and that is the magic of it. If you travel and change your environment you can see life differently and in a new light, the light may even shine on you. Life I so worth living and the world exploring is amazing and it can force you to live and lead an beautiful amazing life.
For me, the empty quarter of the world was where I found myself and my story that changed my life forever. No regrets of life and “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony.” ~Thomas Merton.
Life changed when I lost a loved one in my family that was when travelling had been a blessing and my whole life changed. You see when I was home I felt sad and missed my loved one, it was my father and I needed to find myself, heal my heart and love unconditionally which I did with my own family – husband and two children. I was dealing with a loss and dealing with how to cope half way across the world with no other close friends and family.
I had a choice and I choose to be happy and I choose to share this now with you to hope if you read this blog post at www.julessnodgrass.com you may even find yourself smiling saying thank you and you too can open your mind and heart to new possibilities. Their is something so simple and free about travel and seeing new places and being in a situation without unfamiliar circumstances. It makes us who we want to be and makes us feel deep connection towards the universe and everything around it and in it. It makes you gather your most inner felt thoughts and to expand and share with others.
There was no regrets when I moved half way across the world and I was overwhelmed at the new space my head had found in a short time.
If you are feeling sad, resentment, angry, disbelieve or feeling like an empty cloud .. I ask you to open yourself up for honest authentic conversations around death and the feeling of losing a loved one.
It was when I felt lost that I found myself and while I was in another country you too can go to a field, a place of energy or a field of daffodils and find yourself.
Believe as you can” and you will” – jules snodgrass
Here are 5 things I learnt when I lost a loved one:
- Record your thoughts: Journaling became my soulful daily practice to release my feelings. Start with a note book and a pen and write anything that feels good, natural and memories, feelings and moments that remind you of your loved one. Then find a quote that means something and print it off and place it next to your bed or on the fridge. Keep it close when you leave the house and feel peace and calmness whenever you carry it. Slowly your mind will want to reminder the good moments and it would be nice to look back on this journal in years to come.
- Everyone copes and deals with death differently. It takes time to understand the grieving process and everyone feels differently about how they should feel or not feel. It can be lonely and its hard to accept and often we want to run away and start a fresh. How do you want to feel? Appreciate the brilliant times and a celebration of ones life. I found I coped with hopeful and loving memories.
- Walking helps heal the mind: The days leading up and beyond losing a loved one walking can clear the mental cobwebs away. I found fresh air and walking helped me and I discovered it was a path which I did more while I was going through the process. As we cope with the loss before to prepare ourselves I wish I had time out to realise we don’t need to be scared of death and that is a big bold statement to make. However, its important to understand when we leave this universe we leave our body yet our soul lives on and our memories and our gifts we created while we were here are still part of the present life which we have left. I know it sounds strange and we want our loved ones to fight for their life which each day we can help with our mindset through walking and clearing our minds, hearts and soul.
- Take comfort from others: I see this one from other people that they don’t need help and can cope on their own. The truth is and the fact is we all need to build up a support system and have words of comfort, love, encouragement and everyone needs to talk about the loss or how they feel. Hearing the words “I’m sorry for your loss” is so comforting. A card, a message, a flower, a letter, a meal, a offering of help or kindness is what helps most. Often just a hug is the most valuable and non-verbal exchange of love and comfort that helped me. Allow yourself to be vulnerable and express – it’s a time people around you will help and understand. When people say stop crying it’s going to be ok. Don’t worry, just be in the moment and stay mindful that people around you are creating space for you to come and go and take time to gather your thoughts, and express yourself. Inhale and let the powers of others around you help you grow and heal. Exhale you are supported.
- Do what you love. Cook, travel, go see a movie, garden, meditate, boating, or even hiking. Believe me when I say, love can heal, love can conquer and love has a power like no other feeling in the universe. Look outside and find love in everyday life. I know you may be feeling hurt, pain and loss. Be comforted and guided through with love open your heart and let your inner wisdom take a journey with you and love will conquer your heart and you are dealing with difficult emotions and life’s little challenges. Whatever you do love but don’t rush into any decisions. I found love is a forgiveness tool and if you are ready for holy higher help you will find to forgive is love and our universe is filled with love and forgiveness. Close your eyes and sit quietly and think about the joy you have, please don’t leave and tap into the higher love around you, within you, connect with the spiritual soul guiding you. Breathe in, exhale repeat and calm your mind.