Classic, pretty, comfy or fun? Which is your style?
Finding your style has never been easier and keeping your style has never been such fun! With new apps on the market to track your style there is no need to remember what you wore with these apps. (sign up to my newsletter **)
“Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.” Gore Vidal
I don’t restrict myself when it comes to style. Each day and occasion inspires me in different ways so I’ll dress accordingly. Having two beautiful children doesn’t always allow me to be as glamorous as I’d like to be. Most of the time, comfort wins for school drop offs and I must be honest I do my makeup after 9.30am to allow my skin to soak up some fresh air and breathe. I call it fresh face yoga!
Maybe you know your style or have studied style and fashion or design at a fashion house or school. Personal style comes from understanding your personality, a strategy and having fun my three go to skills to find your style.
I used to be in awe of stylish women and thought I’m going to study how to look that good. So I started buying magazines and tearing out the parts and made a scrap book.
I actually used to dream of working as a stylist and used to say to my friends and people I met do people actually get paid for that! Yep… It was when I went to live overseas and my time in Paris I learnt the real fashion of France and fell in love with it. Plus, wondered where all that baguette went!
The art of styling can be taught and passed on to others that is why I so love collaborating with people because someone always knows something to share and help. Just to hear and get hands on experience and actually work on a set.
Personal styling and personal shopping are two very different jobs and whilst both are amazing ways to crack open the door I started my fashion styling when I attended the very first styling classes back when Myers was called Grace Bros and received a certificate, I then went on to do my etiquette attainment certificate and then styled personal development and started my own fashion business, learnt the hard way and the ups and downs in tailor making, patterns, manufacturing and designed clothing and my own brand and worked as a clothing broker and worked with photographers, makeup artists and amazing models. It was a glamorous life and I did a lot of steaming clothing and I loved seeing the smiles on my clients faces.
I don’t often share my clients stories as many like to stay quiet and not come out as some are corporate ladies that prefer to not to be named.
In 2013 I won runners up Oil and Gas Barron’s ball if you ask my husband he was the winner (he so dame cute!!) and I designed and made my own dress and styled myself I was blown away!
It was then I saw my true talent and people started to ask my advice, and newspaper calling my for advice wow! Yes, thanks.. I can help with that… I wanted to style and be a stylist full time when the chance came. I was also working on my business so I had limited time and been writing a book (woo hoo!!) . I am so excited that now I have taken the plunge to come back to what I love and share my stories and give you my beautiful fans, readers and community friends inspirationa nd motivation for your style and style yourself pretty and #strongisthenewpretty hashtag or/and #styleyourselfpretty !!! so thank you I will have to have a digital party to thank you all. xxx
How to style in 5 easy steps or How to find your style in 5 steps
1. Your body: Focus on your fabulousness not your flaws!!! Everyone has unique body shapes work with what’s on offer and dress it to please your body not others. Get to know your body and the shape and how it feel son types of materials. Knowledge is power. So the first thing you need to understand is what kind of body you have and what works for you. If you have a good understanding of your body shape and which parts you wish to highlight or downplay, you can buy the right clothes to either accentuate or camouflage them. Once you have discovered that, you can start thinking about the desired silhouette you want to create and create a balanced outfit.
2. Your personality: If you were to ask others to describe you what would they say? How do you feel about who you are? Confident in dresses or slack? We all have a personality which allows us to dress and style our bodies to suit our fabulousness.
Write down some words that describe your personality.
How would you currently describe it?
Do you feel that your style reflects your personality?
3. Color: Colours can also have a huge effect on your style and how you feel. Determine which colors truly represent YOU. Notice how you feel when you wear certain colours and what brings out your fabulousness!!!
4. Style inspiration: Whenever you see others wearing clothes you admire or like, try to get a picture and paste it in a note or scrapbook or pin it on Pinterest. After a while, you will see a pattern developing of the kind of styles that you like. Take note of that and remind yourself about this style before going for the latest fashionable trend. Your fabulousness will be a highlight on Pinterest!
5. Wardrobe analysis: Be honest. Which garments in your closet do you REALLY like? How many of the garments have you not worn for a long time? How many were mistakes? Write down what didn’t work. Which clothes make you HAPPY? Then donate or swap any items that don’t really work for you. They may be great pieces, but if they don’t suit YOU or your body type or create the silhouette you are after, you will not feel happy in them.
[bctt tweet=”True style defies fashion trends. “]
Although it is nice to add some trendy pieces each season, you should only go for the trends that suit you.
Try to identify the components of your style to style yourself pretty:
Which comfort level is important?
Simple or more abundant?
Which cut and silhouette?
Timeless or trendy?
Prints or solid?
Most of all have fun with fashion and style!
Dressing yourself and creating an image that pleases you should be fun first and foremost. Enjoy the process of finding your own true unique style! You will know it when you have found it as you will feel comfortable, beautiful and confident in your clothes and you will show that to the world and scream fabulishious baby!