Ever wondered what it would feel like covered in chocolate. Read on to find out how to actually make your own chocolate facial or a chocolate face mask?.
This face mask will make your skin sing! My motto is do it yourself and know what you put on your face! I’ve been putting this one off to try but when life is so busy why not make your own chocolate facial mask and look gorgeous and feel pretty.
I’ve lived overseas and have had all the expensive treatments and what I love is that this is natural ingredients from the kitchen. The weather is getting nice in Sydney so why not… I whip this up before breakfast and you have my permission to lick a little- no ones watching!
Its the food beauty trend that gets you feeling like a goddess.
So, what is Chocolate Facials made from?
Unless you are asleep reading this …of course it’s Chocolate!!, We all love a little bit of chocolate right. with its high level of anti-oxidants, it is great for your skin combined with honey, oatmeal, besan and cream.
A very powerful anti oxidant, it helps rid the skin of free radicals, that cause the lines of aging or the premature sagging or loosening of the skin.
This golden liquid cleans and softens the skin in its own sweet way. For centuries, it is known in almost all ancient cultures for its beautifying properties, especially in Egypt for greek goddesses.
Besides their soothing and anti inflammatory properties on the skin, the oatmeal is useful since they are absorptive, hypoallergenic, and help to soften skin. They have the best amino acid balance of all the cereal grains which works as water-binding agents in the skin cells.
The intense cleansing and absorptive properties of besan help in clarifying the oiliness of oily skin and tightening the skin cells.
Ideal for moisturising and softening of skin, while providing a smooth base for holding the mask and acting as a binding medium for all the other ingredients.
Chocolate facials are known for the following benefits:
- Chocolate, with its high level of anti-oxidants, is great for your skin.
- The facial has anti-ageing properties.
- It imparts a healthy glow to your face.
- It takes care of blemishes and boosts the production of collagen.
- It softens and hydrates your skin so that wrinkles are kept at bay.
- Chocolate facial is known to suit almost every skin type and hence, you can benefit from this divine chocolatey experience, no matter what skin type you are blessed with.
How to DIY a chocolate Facial at home
- Cleanse – At first, cleanse your face. You may use any cleanser of your choice. But I personally prefer raw milk with a pinch of turmeric or a paste of besan and milk as they clean the skin in an amazing way.
- Scrub – Make your favorite chocolate scrub by using a spoon of cocoa powder, a spoon of brown sugar, a spoon of olive oil and a pinch of vanilla extract. Mix them together and exfoliate your face with it.
- Chocolate cream for face – To make a nourishing face cream, take a cup of cocoa powder and add six spoons of cottage cheese to it. Whisk them together. Now, add half-a-cup honey. Blend them well. Massage this mixture on your face with gentle upward motions. Let it stay for 15 minutes and rinse with plain water.
- Chocolate face mask – Take a bar of organic dark chocolate, two spoons of oatmeal, five spoons of salt and organic milk (1/5 cup). Melt the chocolate and allow it to cool. Mix it with milk and salt. Alternately, you can make a face pack by combining half-a-cup of cocoa powder, 8 spoons of yoghurt, 4 spoons of honey, 2 capsules of Vitamin E and sufficient rice flour. Apply the mask on face and allow it to stay on for sometime, till it dries off and gets hard. Rinse with tepid water.
- Finally, dab a face toner of your choice.
Chocolate facials offer you a luxury experience. and lets face it you can eat it if it drips towards your mouth (oops!) Whether you do it at home or you get it done at your favourite salon, you would surely love the rich feeling it offers.